CyberKnife® for Kidney Tumors
Radiosurgery for kidney tumors is noninvasive, and typically carries less risk of complications than conventional surgery. For patients who refuse surgery or have medically inoperable kidney tumors, radiosurgery can be an effective treatment option. CyberKnife, which delivers high-dose radiation over one to five treatments, can be particularly effective for treatment of small kidney tumors. CyberKnife has the ability to compensate for normal patient movements, precisely targeting the tumor during the entire procedure and minimizing damage to surrounding healthy tissue. This is important when treating kidney tumors, which can shift during treatment due to regular patient movements such as breathing.
Key Advantages of CyberKnife for Kidney Tumors
- Non-invasive, no incisions, painless
- No anesthesia or hospitalization required
- Treats patients in 5 or fewer visits
- Reaches tumors from virtually unlimited directions with robotic mobility
- Enables clinicians to maximize and conform the dose to the tumor target
- Constantly tracks tumor movement throughout treatment
- Pinpoint Accuracy
- Few side effects and minimal radiation exposure to healthy tissue surrounding the tumor
- Immediate return to daily activities
Speak with one of our dedicated Team Member about how we can help today.