CyberKnife® for Liver Tumors
CyberKnife’s ability to treat tumors with precisely focused radiation offers an important advantage for liver cancer patients. Accurate to within less than a millimeter, radiosurgery has minimal effect on surrounding health tissue. This level of accuracy enables doctors to target liver tumors with high-dose radiation, which significantly reduces the number of treatments needed – usually between three and five over several days compared to 30-40 over several weeks required for radiotherapy systems. Radiosurgery has other benefits as well, namely its ability to track tumors in real time. That means patients breathe normally during each treatment session, since the radiation beam adjusts automatically to the tumor location.
Key Advantages of CyberKnife for Liver Tumors
- Non-invasive, no incisions, painless
- No anesthesia or hospitalization required
- Treats patients in 5 or fewer visits
- Reaches tumors from virtually unlimited directions with robotic mobility
- Enables clinicians to maximize and conform the dose to the tumor target
- Constantly tracks tumor movement throughout treatment
- Pinpoint Accuracy
- Few side effects and minimal radiation exposure to healthy tissue surrounding the tumor
- Immediate return to daily activities
Speak with one of our dedicated Team Member about how we can help today.