CyberKnife® for Ocular/Orbital Tumors
CyberKnife is capable of high-dose radiation for tumors or lesions in especially sensitive areas of the brain and is the only radiosurgery system that doesn’t need an invasive head frame. Radiosurgery with CyberKnife safely delivers high-dose radiation while minimizing exposure to healthy tissue. Ocular and orbital tumors can be difficult to treat due to their close proximity to important structures in the brain, and CyberKnife provides an effective treatment option for these tumors due to the precise nature of the radiation beams it delivers. Ocular and orbital tumors can greatly affect a patient’s quality of life, and radiosurgery with CyberKnife offers a treatment option that can preserve a patient’s vision.
Key Advantages of CyberKnife for Ocular/Orbital Tumors
- Non-invasive, no incisions, painless
- No anesthesia or hospitalization required
- Treats patients in 5 or fewer visits
- Reaches tumors from virtually unlimited directions with robotic mobility
- Enables clinicians to maximize and conform the dose to the tumor target
- Constantly tracks tumor movement throughout treatment
- Pinpoint Accuracy
- Few side effects and minimal radiation exposure to healthy tissue surrounding the tumor
- Immediate return to daily activities
Speak with one of our dedicated Team Member about how we can help today.